PEOPLE with clear and written GOALS achieve much HIGHER RESULTS in life compare to ones without any goals. What if you get up early morning and leave your home without knowing where you are going, so WHERE WOULD YOU GO? My guess NOWHERE? Now what if you get up early morning and decided to visit Zoo but don’t know how to get there. Now You would do some google search or called friend or Zoo office to get direction. So, it’s very likely you will get to Zoo even if you took some wrong turn but you will still make it by asking directions again.
So, HOW is this related to setting GOALS? Well in the last example, you set up a goal to reach Zoo and I am sure you got there. SETTING GOALS is simply telling your life to which direction it should go.
LIFE is just a long journey in which we are taking small trips daily and doing all those small tasks to earn food and other necessities. Setting goals like knowing what exactly you want to get or achieve in your life. Life without goals is like living life without any direction, where do you think life is leading you in 1 year or 5 years or 20 years? WHERE DO YOU SEE YOUR SELF IN FUTURE?
Setting a goal can be something like buying a car, or buying a home or starting your business or committing to relationships or getting promotions or higher education etc within a certain time frame.
GOAL SETTING PROCESS
- Set up a GOAL
- Give TIME FRAME to ACHIEVE that goal (SMALL TERM GOAL:1-3yrs, LONG TERM GOAL:5-15 yrs)
- TALK about your goal to as many people or friends you can which will make you realize how serious you are about this.
- Do some RESEARCH and find out what exactly REQUIRE to start taking small steps towards your goal.
- Adjust the TIME FRAME according to your RESEARCH. I always do small ADJUSTMENTS according to the situation, things won’t go always the way you want.
- WRITE DOWN your goal on whiteboard at home or stick that to your fridge. Looking at your goals on a regular basis make you work HARDER towards it.
- TELL YOUR FRIENDS how much PROGRESS you are making, talk about it as much as possible. It will show how SERIOUS you are about your GOALS and make you even more COMMITTED when it’s being shared with other people.
- Give your 100% to ACHIEVE your GOALS.
I have been working on my GOALS for years, specially around 2013 when I really started my personal development Journey, It all started with reading lot of books about Goals, Personal development, Compounding, Real Estate, Mind development, I think I lost the track how many books I have read so far. HERE IS MY GOALS:
SHORT TERM GOALS:
- Start my BLOG, I just bought a domain (Dec, 2019) and hired a guy (Jan 2020) to build while I am writing this blog (Dec 2019) on my phone. I stared at the plan to build this blog months ago (Summer 2019) and told everyone at my work about it. I am planning to write 4 blogs per month. I am telling pretty much everyone I know about my blog to make sure I stay committed to this. I am about to post this blog in Feb, 2020.
- I want to have 10 k followers on Instagram to be able to share my blogs on Instagram stories with “SWIPE UP” Option – I got around 5k followers (Dec 2019) when I am writing this blog and should reach 10 k in the next 3-4 months. I got around 7K followers in (Feb 2020).
- Create a YouTube channel and make whiteboard videos- I just bought Doodle and working on videos. I will try to add 1000 subscribers within 2 years.
- Buy next RENTAL PROPERTY worth around $2 MILLION by 2020.
- Work with Local CHARITY.
- Finish the construction project and sell the newly build home this winter and Buy the next broken-down house to do the reconstruction by mid-2020 and finish it within 6 months. Feb 2020: While I am about to post this blog, I have decided that I may pursue rental properties instead of construction.
LONG TERM GOALS:
- BUY another 5 MILLION worth RENTAL PROPERTIES within 5 years by around 2025.
- QUIT my day job forever by 2028 and manage BLOG, Instagram, YouTube channel, Rental Properties and construction business and Invest in START UP’s.
- Have 100k -500k following on Instagram by 2025
- START doing PODCASTS by 2025
- BUY another 10 million worth RENTAL PROPERTIES by 2030.
- Keep working with Local CHARITIES and START Charitable TRUST.
- Build 50 MILLION NET WORTH by age 70.
I BELIEVE, I will be lost without these GOALS and I don’t think I can even live without these GOALS anymore. These GOALS keeps me going and I keep planning for years to come. I use “GOOGLE KEEP” app to keep track of everything, I have 10 years chart for potential NET WORTH and Real Estate acquisition which I keep on updating with time. I am hoping to beat my own GOALS over time and BUILD something GOOD.
Check me out at Instagram @atwalspace to see cool Nature Photography and amazing SUCCESS QUOTES.
SUBSCRIBE my News Letter and don’t forget to leave your FEEDBACK in comments below.