I have compiled 41 easy\important PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS which you need to know . There is some very simple suggestion which can drastically improve your photography skills, These simple tips are helping me lot to improve everyday.
- Focus on the Eyes of Subject
- Follow Rule of Third
- Move Close to the Subject and Fill the Frame
- Simplicity, Simple and clear background
- No clutter – Remove the objects from shot which are not adding value
- Shooting Indoor – Take pictures close to Window for natural light effects.
- Use Camera Viewfinder instead of Screen on DSLR camera’s, it takes more time to focus with screen.
- Follow the lines on bridge, train tracks, Line of trees, Roads, Fence
- Use Tripod for better clarity and focus.
- Take shot through another object – Shot the subject by including other objects in your shot, like a tree, through a tree, through bush.
- Water Reflection – Look for reflections whenever you see water near your subject.
- Create multiple edits of the same picture to learn what you can do with the same picture.
- Start with AUTO option to have base ready to make further changes
- Lightroom – Use Free version (iPhone) like Lightroom for editing.
- Lightroom – Use Clarity option under Effects and Sharpening under Detail section to improve picture
- Learn to play with colors, use warm colors which are often preferred by people.
TIMING AND LIGHTING
- Shot at right time and Pay attention to Light
- Making sure no shadows on Subject, especially your own shadows.
- Some of the Sunrise or Sunset pictures comes at the beginning or completely at the end. You want to be there 30 mins before and 30 mins after the Sunset and Sunrise.
- Avoid shot at late evening when there is low sunlight
- Use correct ISO Setting based on lighting, ISO 100 when good light and Higher between ISO 500 – 3200 when low lighting. Use ISO 3200 at night
- Nature shots after rain are just amazing, be ready to go out after rainfall.
- Get early to hit the parks or forest to get that fog and sun light hitting the trees.
- Avoid shot during very cloudy day or very sunny day.
- City is empty during early morning hours, which is really the best time to shot. You want to be there around 5-6 am.
- Try to take pictures during morning time (before noon). It’s the best light.
- It’s perfect for Blur background pictures (Bokeh)
- It’s perfect for Portrait photography.
- It’s perfect for close shots.
TAKE LOT OF PICTURES
- Angle – Take shot of subject from different angle – straight, side and below.
- 500 – Take at least 500 pictures during every shot.
- Distance – Take shot of subject from different distance, find at least 3 different distance level.
- Suggestions – He\She will give you different prospective and angles ideas.
- Comparing Results – You both take different shots at same place and its good learning experience to compare the results and improve together.
- Behind the scene video – He\She can take shots or video of you while you are doing shoot to create behind the scene pictures or video.
- Fun – It’s fun to be with other people. It’s great to have multiple people to do drone shots.
LEARN FROM YOUTUBE
- Find and Follow Mentor on YouTube, I recommend @pertermackinnon
- Watch lot of video on different tricks used by photographers.
- Apply what you learn one by one.
- Post on Instagram Daily to receive feedback right away and to get motivation to take better pictures
- Ask people to comment on Instagram to choose best one.
Check me out on Instagram @atwalspace and Subscribe to the Newsletter to get my next blog deliver to your INBOX.
AND PLEASE, leave your feedback in comments section below.
CHECK OUT DETAILED BLOG ABOUT
10 SIMPLE WAYS ON HOW TO INSTANTLY IMPROVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY